Saturday 17 May 2014

Meat ball again and better!

This year I became a gardener and I began to grow my own vegetables. I have so many seedlings of aubergine, zucchini and tomatoes that if the harvest will be good, I will have so many that my belly will explode :)
Today for lunch I wanted to make meatballs and I picked aubergine and tomatoes from the fridge. I decided to modify a bit the standard recipe to improve the meatballs by using my vegetables.

How I did it? The recipe for meatballs is same until the moment when we put the balls in the fridge. Meanwhile, we cut slices of aubergine and put some salt on them and leave them to rest until part of the water goes out. Once they are ready we cut them together with  the tomatoes into smaller cubes. After it, we can prepare all ingredients (red wine or water, vinegar, oregano, cinnamon, black olives) and then we can start.


We fry all the meatballs on both sides on a larger pan or pot. When it is light brown, remove it for a while to second pot. Add aubergine and tomatoes, some oregano, a tablespoon of vinegar and wine (or water). In the end add some salt and bring to boil. Then add the balls, reduce the flame and sprinkle with cinnamon. Let them cook slowly for about 45 minutes until the sauce thicken.


P.S. My mum was totaly crazy about them. How do you like them?

P.P.S In the end I have to show future star on my blog – seedlings of aubergine. Yes I have to show off! J

No comments:

Post a Comment